If you try to connect your PS4 controller to your Windows 10 PC using Bluetooth, it will probably fail. In this article, we’re going to show you a few quick workarounds that might make your Bluetooth controller work on your Windows 10 PC.
Windows 10 has a long history of coming across as unintelligent and frustrating to most of its users. Some of the problems have been solved by Microsoft itself, while others are either being resolved or have been abandoned by the manufacturer. Sadly, this particular problem with the Bluetooth controller may never be fixed.
This is what a user on the Microsoft Answers site says:
On Windows 10, my PS4 controller can connect, but the driver gives an error. This is a Bluetooth HID device under Human Interface Devices. How can I fix this?
While the causes can vary, it seems that the most likely cause of this error is a driver error in the PS4’s Bluetooth controller.
In this article, we’ll look at some of the best ways to fix this problem and get your favorite games playable again on Windows 10 with the PS4 controller. Read on to find out more.
These solutions will also help you if you experience any of the following problems:
- Wireless controller driver error
- The PS4 controller does not connect to the PC.
- The PS4 controller does not connect to the PC.
- Bluetooth PC does not recognize PS4 controller
How to fix a PS4 bluetooth controller that doesn’t work?
1. Remove PS4 controller from Bluetooth devices
- Make sure the controller’s battery is sufficiently charged (more than 10%), and then restart the computer.
- Click on the Cortana search bar -> type Control Panel -> choose the first option at the top.
- Click Devices and Printers in the Control Panel. Devices and printers
- Find the PS4 Bluetooth controller in the list -> right click on it -> select Uninstall device.
- Select Yes.
2. Use DS4Windows to fix errorin the PS4 controller driver.
- Click on this link to download the latest version of DS4 Windows.
- Open the .zip file and extract the files to the desired location on your hard drive.
- Start the DS4Window .exe installer by double clicking on it.
There are other good driver repair and update tools on the market that you can try. Most of them only need to be run to perform a full system scan for faulty drivers.
⇒ get a patch for the driver
3. Pairing a PS4 controller with DS4Windows
- Open the previously installed application -> click on Settings.
- Enable the Hide DS4 Controller option.
- Drag a corner of the window and expand it -> you will see the controller/driver configuration in blue -> click on it.
- A UAC popup window will appear to ask for permission -> click Yes.
- Another popup window appears with the controller image -> minimize it (don’t close it).
- Go to Manage Bluetooth Device -> follow the instructions on the screen (press the Share and PS buttons for 3 seconds).
- Your controller appears in the list -> click on it and perform the pairing.
Message: To avoid this problem, always turn off the controller by pressing and holding the PS button for 10 seconds.
Do this every time you turn off the computer to prevent the problem from repeating.
In this article, we have gone through some of the best troubleshooting methods to address the issue caused by PS4 controller driver errors in Windows 10.
Let us know if this guide helped you solve your problem. You can do so via the comment box below.
Still having problems?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about ps4 controller not working on windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my PS4 controller?
So your Windows 10 PC isn’t recognizing your PlayStation 4 controller, and you’re stumped on how to fix it? When a controller isn’t recognized by Windows 10, it’s normally due to a driver issue, which keeps the operating system from communicating with the controller. Since the controller requires a driver to translate its signals into something your PC understands, the tools to fix the issue are also drivers. Here’s a quick fix for the problem where Windows 10 does not recognize a PS4 controller. Unplug your PS4 controller and plug it back in. Then follow these steps: ~ Click Start > Settings > Devices. ~ Select the Bluetooth option. ~ Click Add Bluetooth or other device.
Why isn’t my PS4 controller showing up on Bluetooth?
I’m having problems connecting my PS4 controller to Windows 10 via Bluetooth. Everything was working fine, and my controller was being detected by the system, but after deleting a file my controller is no longer being detected. I’ve tried going to the Bluetooth settings, and I can see both the controller and my device and I try to connect them, but they never connect. I have also tried resetting the controller, but it still won’t be detected properly. While the PS4 controller is a great controller, it’s not the most user friendly when it comes to setting it up for your PC or Mac. This means you’ll need to download a PC driver for your PS4 controller. The PS4 controller is a Bluetooth device, so it should work on any system. But, you can’t just plug the PS4 controller into your USB port and expect it to work. You’ll need to download the driver for it. Thankfully, this isn’t too complex.
Why won’t my PC detect my PS4 controller?
It’s frustrating when your PC doesn’t detect your PS4 controller. Most of the time, it’s an easy fix. This guide will walk you through the process of troubleshooting and fixing your PS4 controller. First, make sure the controller is charged. It may be a good idea to plug it into a wall outlet instead of using your PC’s USB port. Next, check to ensure that the controller is set up correctly. Your PC needs to be able to recognize the controller so you can use it. If your PC isn’t detecting your PS4 controller, you can try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. Even if you aren’t an avid gamer, chances are you’ve played with a console’s controller at least once in your life. You probably also are familiar with the controller’s multiple buttons, triggers, joysticks and dials. All of these input devices are designed to make a user’s gaming experience better, whether it be for a first-person shooter or a racing game. This is especially important for games that require precision movements, like first-person shooters. Having a controller that can accurately read your movements will help you improve your game and get to the next level. The technology behind a controller is complex, and it’s easy to see how something might go wrong with it, leading to a glitch or problem, such as not being able to
ps4 controller not working on windows 10ps4 controller connected to pc but not workingps4 controller drivers windows 10ps4 controller bluetooth not workingwindows 10 not detecting ps4 controller usbps4 controller won't connect to pc with usb,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Sony DualShock 4 V1,Logitech G923 Wheel and Pedal…,Razer Raiju,NACON Revolution Unlimited…,Qanba Joystick,Mayflash Universal Arcade Fli…,See more,windows 10 not detecting ps4 controller usb,ps4 controller won't connect to pc with usb,ps4 controller won't connect to pc bluetooth,ps4 controller not working on windows 10,ps4 controller not showing up in device manager,ps4 controller connected to pc but not working,ps4 controller drivers windows 10,ps4 controller bluetooth not working