Fire TV Cube is a home entertainment device that streams content from Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and a slew of other streaming apps. Fire TV Cube is a great addition to your home entertainment system, but it has some minor issues. If you’re using Kodi 18 Leia on Fire TV Cube, you’ll want to take a look at this guide.
Kodi 18 has been released, and it contains some great new features, like support for 3D video files which will bring a new level of depth to your Kodi experience. App developers have also been busy, and there are now many great apps to choose from. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install the official Kodi 18 Firestick & Fire TV Cube build, and how to update your device.
If you’re reading this blog, you’ve obviously made the most of your Kodi media set-top box and now you want to know how to upgrade to the Firestick or Fire TV Cube. Well, today we are going to explain the complete process which will also work for Fire TV, Fire TV and Fire TV Cube. This technique is very useful, especially if you don’t want to lose all your custom settings and already installed Kodi addons.
The process, which we are going to talk about, is quite simple, and updating Kodi on Firestick with it will take barely 2 minutes. Therefore, you should pay attention to the comments and follow the instructions carefully to complete the upgrade successfully.
Why you should upgrade Kodi
The most common problems users encounter are connection, pairing and streaming issues when using Kodi on an older version of Kodi. If you are one of them, the first thing to do is to change/upgrade Kodi to a newer version.
Below, this article will describe how to update Kodi on Firestick in the easiest way. Follow the blog to learn how to do that in no time.
Kodi 18.5 Leia is the current stable version of
Before you update Kodi on Firestick or Fire TV, etc., you must first determine which version of Kodi you are using. This should be done to check if there is an update available or not.
- Go to the Fire TV Cube, Firestick, or Fire TV screen.
- Go to the Settings menu and then tap Apps.
- Navigate to Manage and Install Applications.
- Now click on Kodi and you will see the current version you have installed. All this is displayed on the right-hand side.
- As you can see now, the current stable release is Kodi 18.5 Leia, which means that an update is indeed available for it.
- Return to the Firestick/Fire TV/Fire TV Stick home screen
- Click on Settings and select, say, Firestick.
- Click on the Developer Options option.
- Tap Apps with unknown source, and enable them.
- Return to the Firestick home screen, then go to the top left corner of the screen. You will then see a search box where you just type downloader, then click on it in the list below.
- An orange bootloader icon will appear, click on it.
- Press OK with the remote and let the downloader install.
- Open the bootloader and start it, to do this you need to press the unlock key.
- You will now see a welcome screen, click OK.
- Now click OK on the remote and enter the Kodi 18.5 address you received.
- When you enter the address and press GO, the download begins.
- Now click on Install to update Kodi
- After the installation, click Finish and delete the Kodi installation files to free up disk space.
- Return to the Firestick home screen.
- Launch Kodi and when the Kodi logo appears, you can enjoy the updated version.
Here is the process you need to follow to update Kodi on the Firestick or any other device you use. As you can see, the process is quite simple, so follow it step by step and update Kodi now.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I update Kodi 18.6 on Firestick?
To update Kodi 18.6 on Firestick, follow these steps: Open the Settings app on your Firestick. Select System Update. Select Download and install updates automatically. How do I update Kodi 18.6 on Fire TV? To update Kodi 18.6 on Fire TV, follow these steps: Open the Settings app on your Fire TV.6 on Fire TV Stick? To update Kodi 18.6 on Fire TV Stick, follow these steps: Open the Settings app on your Fire TV Stick.
How do I install Leia 18.5 on Firestick?
You can install Leia 18.5 on Firestick by following these steps: Open the Settings app on your Firestick. Select System and then Developer Options. Enable ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources. Connect your Firestick to your computer via a USB cable, then open a command prompt window in the same directory as adb.exe (usually C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools). Type adb devices to make sure that you have a device connected. Type adb sideload
How do I update Kodi on jailbroken Firestick?
To update Kodi on a jailbroken Firestick, you will need to install the latest version of Kodi from the official website.