If you know what Kodi is then you have probably heard of the infamous “Kodi Addon” that just released a few days ago. It is called “Venom”, and it is the world’s most well known Kodi Addon, according to the number of downloads it has received. But what is Kodi? Kodi is, in simple terms, a media player. It’s an open source media player platform that allows people to stream movies, music, live TV and more. Most people use Kodi to watch media, however there are numerous other uses, such as playing retro games, installing apps, or even watching sports.
The Venom is a popular Kodi addon that delivers a dynamic library of movies and TV shows. The Venom Kodi addon is one of the best addons because it has almost every movie you could ever want. The Venom is a movie addon that offers subscribers a library of streams that they can watch on their device. The Venom Kodi addon is a good addon for those who love movies. The Venom was started in 2017, and since then it has become a popular addon for Kodi.
In this guide, you will learn how to install the Venom addon on Kodi. It works on all Kodi-compatible platforms, including the Amazon FireStick (as well as the Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite and Fire Stick 4K), Mac, Linux and Windows computers, Android and iOS mobile devices, Raspberry Pi and Android TV boxes.
I discovered the Kodi Venom addon at a time when many other popular addons were also suddenly disappearing. Venom is an on-demand add-on that offers dozens of movies and TV shows to keep you busy for hours. I have noticed that the addon is also regularly updated with new content.
Update: The Venom addon now requires Real Debrid. It only works if you are logged into your Real Debrid account.
Venom collects a lot of good streams. Try it with Real Debrid for even better streaming performance. The addon is also included in our collection of the best Kodi addons.
You won’t find many extras here, but if all you need is to stream movies and series, then the Kodi Venom addon might be a good choice.
Attention KODI users: please read before continuing
Kodi addons / modules offer unlimited streaming content, but can also get you in legal trouble if you get caught watching movies / TV shows / sports for free. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN when streaming online. A good Kodi VPN can hide your identity, bypass government surveillance, block content, and ISP throttling (which also contributes to buffer-free streaming).
I use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device, including the Amazon FireStick. Get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plans. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Click HERE to get 3 months free and save 49% on ExpressVPN.
Read: How to install and use VPN for Kodi
Install the Kodi Venom addon
We will talk about the configuration part of this process later. To install the Venom addon on Kodi, we first need to take care of the pre-requisites. Here are the steps we will follow to install Venom :
Include unknown sources in Kodi
1. Go to the Kodi settings. You will find a gear icon in the top right corner of Kodi’s main window. Click here !
2. Now click on System (for Kodi 18 Leia).
If you’re still using Kodi 17.6 Krypton, click on System Preferences.
3. On the left side of the next window you will find the Add-ons item. Click here !
4. Navigate to the right with the add-ons selected and hit Unknown Sources.
Message: You just need to make sure that the Unknown Sources option is enabled. If it’s already on, don’t press it.
5. When you change an important security setting, a warning is displayed. Press Yes and continue. Venom has been tested as a safe and reliable addon.
We are now ready to install the Kodi Venom addon.
Steps to install the Venom addon
The following installation instructions cover the following aspects of the process:
– Add the media source
– Install the required repository
– Install the Venom addon from the repository
You can now follow the steps below and install the Venom addon on Kodi :
1. You want to go back to the main Kodi window. Then tap Settings again.
2. Now click and open the file manager.
3. Next, you will see that the window is divided into two halves. Navigate and click Add Source in either half.
4. You should now see the following dialog box. It’s empty at the moment. We will provide information on the sources here. Start by pressing the <No> key.
5. Type the following path/URL using the keyboard that appears in the following window: https://123venom.github.io/.
Check the path to make sure it is correct, then click OK.
6. Now we need to add the source name for the URL we specified in the previous step. The choice of name is entirely up to you.
I want to make it relevant so it’s easier to identify later.
Let’s take the name Poison.
In this way you have added a media source. We’ll move on to the next part.
7. For Kodi 18.9, press the Back button once to return to the settings screen. You can also click Settings again when you are in the main Kodi window.
Message: If you are a Kodi 17.6 user, click on the Add-ons button on the left side of the main window, then click on the open box icon in the top left corner of the next screen.
8. Now click and open Install from zip file.
9. You should find the source name you specified earlier in step 6. Click here !
I typed poison, that’s what I’m pushing.
10. On the next screen you should now see the zip file repository.venom-x.x.zip. Browse and click.
Note: x.x is the version number of the file you can see in your window, and it may change.
11. Give Kodi a minute to install Venom Repo. The installation message starts in the top right corner of the window.
To install the archive. We are now going to install the Kodi Venom addon from the repository.
12. Open Install from Archive.
13. Open the Venom repo you installed.
14. Click on Video Enhancements.
15. Step forward and press the Venom button.
16. In the next window, click on Install.
17. Only Kodi 18 users will see this popup with a list of additional addons. Then click the OK button.
You may also be prompted to select a version of the addon. Select the latest version at the top of the list.
18. If the following prompt appears in the YouTube addon, click No.
Message: You can also click Yes to start the installation wizard, but this is optional. Don’t worry if this notice doesn’t appear either.
19. Wait for the Venom addon to be installed. This may take 2 to 3 minutes. The system can also remain locked at 55%. Don’t worry about it. Give it some time and it will work itself out.
Learn how to install the Venom addon on Kodi here.
Before you start streaming video with Kodi addons or modules, I want to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live broadcasts and sports) can lead to legal problems.
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to hide all your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN masks your original IP address and helps you bypass surveillance, ISPs and geographical restrictions on content.
Personally, I use and recommend ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all types of applications and streaming devices.
OPINION: We do not encourage copyright infringement. But what if you accidentally upload content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legal and an illegal source.
So before you start streaming on Kodi, read here how to get VPN protection in 3 easy steps.
Step one: Purchase your ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can use it for free for the first 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the service (which is unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step two: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have included the exact steps below, starting with step 4.
Step three: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your connection is secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The steps to install Kodi VPN on Fire TV devices are described below. If you have other broadcast devices, follow steps 1 to 3 above.
Step four: Sign up for ExpressVPN HERE (if you are not already a subscriber).
Step 5: Go to the Fire TV Stick home screen. Click the Search button and then the Search option (see figure below).
Step six: Type expressvpn into the search bar and select when it appears.
Seventh step: Click on the Download button.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN application and log in using the username and password you created when you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your FireStick is protected with the fastest VPN.
Using the Kodi Venom Addon and a brief overview
Update: The Venom addon now requires Real Debrid. It only works if you are logged into your Real Debrid account.
Let me briefly show you how to access the Venom addon. First, let’s go to the main window of Kodi. There are two ways to access a video addon:
– Hover the mouse pointer over or select Add-ons in the left pane (without clicking on them). You can find Venom and other add-ons in the Video Add-ons section on the right.
– Click on Add-ons instead of selecting it or hovering over it. Now move the mouse cursor over or select Video Add-ons in the left pane of the next screen. You will find Venom in the right window (see image below).
When you first open the addon, you may be prompted to view the changelog. Click the Back button or click anywhere outside the tooltip to remove it.
The main window of the Venom Kodi addon is now here. As you can see, the addon has no bells and whistles. This is an addon with simple categories for movies and TV shows.
The categories are explicit. Just choose one of the categories and start exploring the content. Remember that a selected category (e.g. Movies) has subcategories to properly organize, sort and filter the content. If you’re looking for something specific, you can use the search option in the Venom addon’s main window.
That’s probably all about the Kodi Venom addon. Go ahead and enjoy the content.
Fixed: No or little current
If the video content is not getting enough streams, you can try to improve the situation. Perform the following steps:
– Go to the addon’s main window, scroll down and click on Tools.
– In the next window, click Open Scraper Settings.
– Make sure the General tab on the left is selected. Click Enable All Vendors in the right pane.
This will likely eliminate the streaming issues.
Venom is a welcome addition to our list of Kodi addons, especially since so many have gone offline lately. This addon has a simple layout with options to stream your favorite movies and shows. There are no extras or luxury categories. However, thanks to its simplicity, the Kodi Venom addon remains light and easy to use. As I write this guide, Venom is receiving many workflows in resolutions up to 1080p. Of course, you’ll have a better experience with Real Debrid integration. Venom is a solid addon for Kodi, and I highly recommend giving it a try!
- To install the addon 7 of 9
- To install the FEN addon
- Top 10 add-ons for Stremio – final list for 2021
- How to install The Crew addon
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add venom to Kodi on Firestick?
Open Kodi Select Add-ons Select Get Add-ons Select Install from repository Select Kodi Add-on Repository Select Video Add-ons Select Venom How do I install a zip file on Kodi on Firestick? Open Kodi Select Add-ons Select Get Add-ons Select Install from repository Select Kodi Add-on Repository Select Video Add-ons Select Zip File
What is the latest version of Venom addon?
The latest version of the Venom addon is 184.108.40.206.
How do I update my Firestick venom?
You can update your Firestick venom by following these steps: Open the Settings app on your Firestick Venom Select System Select System Update Select Update Now Select Yes to confirm You can update your Firestick venom by following these steps: Open the Settings app on your Firestick Venom Select System Select System Update Select Update Now Select Yes to confirm How do