Do you want to disable comments on your Facebook posts? If so, then this blog post is for you! We will go over how to do it in a few easy steps.
Are you tired of people commenting on your Facebook posts? Well, if that’s the case then I have good news for you! In this article, we’re going to teach you how to disable comments from your profile or page. It’s simple and easy! You’ll be happy with the results.
Have you ever noticed how annoying it is when people comment on your Facebook posts? It’s an annoyance that many people have dealt with over the years.
However, there is a way to disable comments so you don’t have to deal with them anymore. After doing this, your Facebook page will be much more engaging because nobody can comment!
There are quite a few ways to disable comments for this purpose. We’re going to teach you how in just a moment, but first let’s go over why you would even want to do this in the first place.
Why Disable Comments?
The most common reason people disable comments is that they want their content to speak for itself without having others influence or interact with it. People want their Facebook pages to be very engaging and this is a way to do that.
Another common reason people disable comments is that they might not like these kinds of interactions with other profiles in general and want to avoid them. This means if you ever make another profile, you’ll never have the problem again! Hooray!
Basically, there are numerous reasons why someone would want to turn off Facebook comments for good. Let’s go over how we can do it now…
How To Disable Comments?
There are many ways to do this which you will see below. We recommend following the first method because it’s the easiest one by far which also has no drawbacks at all. Let me show you what I mean.
Method 1 – Disable Comments In Your Settings
The first way to disable Facebook comments is by going into your settings. If you don’t know how to do this, you can follow the steps below:
- To begin, open your Facebook page up and go over to your account. Once there, move on to step 2.
- Next, click on the About link which is found in the left sidebar next to Applications. It should bring up a popup where you will see a blue bar containing your current profile name and buttons underneath it such as Edit Profile and Logout. Click on “Edit Settings” instead! Now that we’re here.
- Here you’ll need to find “Comments” (under Posts ) and then choose “Edit” to the right of it. Once there, you’ll be able to turn off comments and other interactions on your Facebook page. All you have to do is uncheck the box next to “Allow people to post comments…”
- And that’s it! You’re done! Simply click on Save Changes and you’re all set! It’s as easy as pie now that we know-how.
Now after doing this, nobody will ever be able to comment on your posts again which means they won’t be influencing what you say in any way either.
From now on people will only interact with your content if they share it somewhere else (if they can). That’s why we recommend using this method over the others because it gives you so much more freedom. Nothing can influence your content now, which means nobody will even see it if you don’t want them to! That’s the best thing about this method.
Method 2 – Use A Script To Disable Comments
The second way to disable Facebook comments is by using a simple script. This option isn’t any harder than the other one, but it does take a little bit longer to learn how to do it. However, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- The first thing that you need to do before using this script is download TamperMonkey for your browser of choice (Chrome or Firefox). If you already have Google Chrome installed on your laptop then there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have TamperMonkey as well!
- After doing this, you’ll need to make yet another account (there goes that word again!) on Facebook. It doesn’t matter if you already have one. Do it anyway! Once done, navigate over to your new page and move on to step 3 below…
- Next, go ahead and click the TamperMonkey logo (or “monkey”) which is located in the top left corner of your browser. You should then see a list with all of the websites open in Chrome at the time. Click on facebook.com!
- After this, you can browse to any Facebook page and start typing! A small popup box will appear on the right side of the screen which contains some default commands. If you’d like, feel free to edit these however you want. All it takes is clicking on them and doing what you want with them (it’s super easy).
- Now all that’s left to do is click on “Share..” on your new Facebook page. As soon as you do that, TamperMonkey will automatically install itself onto Facebook for you! It should take less than a second for this process to complete.
- After finishing up with everything mentioned above, comment disabling should be off by default now! Simply test out your new script by commenting on a random post or comment and see for yourself!
- And with that we’re done. It was a lot easier than you expected, right? This is actually one of my favorite methods for disabling Facebook comments because it confuses people so much! Many of the users who come across your new page will be confused as to why they can’t leave any comments on your posts which leads them to assume just about anything.
Now with this method, you won’t have to adjust anything in your settings. As long as you have TamperMonkey running, it will stay disabled all the time. In fact, you can even use the provided setup menu to turn off certain actions such as “Show Like-Button” or disable notifications from other users! It’s not just useful for disabling comments either.. This is the best way to customize Facebook!